July 4th, 2007 03:45 AM
1966 Aerocraft aluminum boat
Good Morning all,
In the late sixties, my father bought a 66 Aerocraft aluminum fishing boat from a neighbor, along with an 18hp Evinrude outboard and trailer. The boat left the family in the early 90s. Well, after 14 years, I have the boat, outboard and trailer back and am trying to clean it up a bit before I surprise my father and brothers (along with my five year old son) by taking them out fishing in my "new" boat.
I would like to do the follwing things:
- repaint the bottom the same light color blue
- replace the missing cleats
- replace the wood on the transom
- replace the missing rivets
- plug the drill holes on the seats and hull with marine weld (JB Weld)
- clean the hull to as close to original as possible
- remove the spray painted initials on the metal part of the transom
- (do I need to replace the flotation under the seats?)
- find a drain plug the fits
- replace the bungs on the trailer
- replace the lights with something closer to the original look
- strip and paint it the original color
- re weld the right fender back on
I haven't been boating in a long time. I had a sailboat for a while as a kid, but, after all this time I would consider myself a novice / beginner. I would very much like to surprise my father sometime this fishing season. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much,
Owners' copyrights apply to all images.
Return to AeroCraft boats home page